Cooling System - Water Pumps
The water pump pushes coolant from the radiator and into the engine, (absorbing heat on its way through the cooling system), and is pushed back to the radiator where it is cooled down before beginning the process all over again.
TECH TIP: Best practices to get the most out of your Water Pump.
- Before removing and replacing the water pump, flush the entire system.
- Never use sealant with a metal gasket.
- Prep matting surfaces properly before installation.
- Always recommend and use OE spec coolant.
- A few small drops of coolant coming from the weep hole is normal.