Bill of Lading requirements
1. Merchandise Descriptions. Merchandise descriptions on all bills of lading must conform to the national motor freight classification description and class number(s) and shipping container requirements.
2. Required Information. All shipping containers, bills of lading or other receipts must show:
a. The full Vendor name followed by street address, city, state and zip code.
b. The shipper's name followed by street address, city, state and
c. All FleetPride purchase order numbers.
d. Number of pieces/pallets and weight and dimension (place on bill of
3. Single Daily Shipment. Vendor shall combine all shipments for any FleetPride DC and/or FleetPride Branch location on one bill of lading, provided the due date will not be affected, and make a single daily shipment to the DC. If the due date will be missed, Vendor may ship a partial shipment to assure meeting the due date. Unshipped portion must be pre-approved prior to shipment to avoid over fills.
4. Third Party Billing. When FleetPride orders material with instructions to ship to a third party and FleetPride is responsible for the freight charges, the bill of lading must clearly show the FleetPride PO relating the third party order.
Please use the following notation in the body of the bill of lading:
Send freight bill with a copy of the delivery receipt to:
600 E. Las Colinas Blvd. Suite 400
Irving, Texas 75039
Vendor is required to provide a minimum of three (3) copies of the bill of lading to the carrier.
5. Bill of Lading Direct Shipments. Vendor will use commercially reasonable efforts to combine all orders bound for a single destination into a single shipment, reflected on one bill of lading.
6. Destination Labeling. All pieces in a shipment (i.e., pallets, cartons, drums, bags, pieces, etc.) must be clearly tagged/labeled showing their specific "ultimate" destination. (See Section III)
1. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). FleetPride supports and encourages EDI as an interface with our Vendors using ANSI x12 standards. EDI provides a quick and economical method to exchange data such as:
a. 850: Purchase Orders. FleetPride will create the inventory order and transmit.
b. 855: PO Acknowledgements. Vendor will acknowledge receipt of order, identify any packaging, part number or cost discrepancies and estimated ship date. (Note: a reported cost difference does not represent acceptance.)
c. 856: Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN). Vendor will send an advance notice of ship date plus tracking information.
d. 810: Vendor invoice. Vendor provides invoice in an electronic format.
e. 997: Functional Acknowledgement. FleetPride and Vendor will acknowledge receipt of the exchanged files.
2. FleetPride's EDI packet of information includes:
a. EDI 810 Guidelines. This 24 page document contains the detailed requirements for invoice format and structure. It is available upon request to FleetPride accounts payable department at firstname.lastname@example.org
b. SAC table. The Standard Allowance Charge table provides a listing of acceptable miscellaneous charges such as freight, handling, environmental, surcharges, etc. They are applicable at either the order or line level.
c. Ship to Locations. This listing shows the current valid shipping addresses.
3. Invoice Requirements. The following information will be required on all EDI Invoices:
a. ONE invoice per PO, per Ship To destination
b. Purchase Order Number (Numeric)
c. Invoice Number
d. Invoice Date
e. Complete Remit to Address
f. Complete Ship to Address
g. Complete Bill to Address
h. Payment Terms
i. Quantity, Unit Price, Total Amount
j. All Special charges must be itemized separately
k. SAC charges must be in list of allowable codes
4. Reasons for EDI Invoice rejection. Any EDI invoices (810) that have any missing mandatory map requirements will be rejected at the point where FleetPride translates vendor EDI invoice. FleetPride will transmit a functional acknowledgement or 997 within 24 hours for any inbound file we receive. For invoices that are rejected due to an error or omission in a mandatory field – the acknowledgement will specify the segment that resulted in the rejection. Vendors should correct & resubmit the EDI invoice as soon as possible to reduce any delay in payment. All payment terms apply from the date of submission of a correct invoice.
Please be aware a 997 indicates receipt of a file only, it does not indicate the data was processed through FleetPride's Accounts Payable system successfully. If an EDI invoice is rejected due to an issue that does not have to do with adherence to EDI Map requirements, the Accounts Payable group will contact the Vendor with questions and clarifications.
5. Duplicate Invoices. Multiple invoices that are transmitted with the same invoice number will be rejected from FleetPride's Accounts Payable system as a duplicate invoice. If an invoice needs to be sent for additional items or charges, a new EDI invoice number must be used and transmitted.
6. Re-transmission of Invoices. If a functional acknowledgement or 997 has not been received and you need to retransmit any invoices, please email at email@example.com for inquiries. Please include the Interchange Control #, Invoice number, and transmission date to be investigated in the subject line to help ensure prompt attention.
Questions regarding EDI should be directed to the EDI Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.